Harry Lin – Co-Managing Partner, LC Lawyers
Harry, the founder and Co-Managing Partner of LC Lawyers LLP, is the first Mainland China lawyer qualified as a Solicitor of England and Wales. He has over 28 years of experience in matters relating to banking & finance, corporate and commercial, Chinese inbound and outbound investment. Harry received his professional training from a magic circle law firm in London.
1997 Hong Kong
1992 England and Wales
1986 Mainland China
1992 The College of Law, London, LSFE
1989 City of London Polytechnic, CPE
1986 Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade, “Commercial Lawyers Training Course”
1983 China University of Political Science and Law, LLB
- Principal Area of Practice
Early in his career, Harry primarily focused on aircraft financing while working in London and Hong Kong. He advised a number of major Chinese airlines in the financing of their Airbus and Boeing aircrafts. His advice included many Japanese leveraged leases combined with European Export Credit supported financing.
Prior to setting up LC Lawyers, Harry was the Head of the Banking & Finance Department of a well-established law firm in Hong Kong. Applying his legal expertise acquired from Hong Kong, Mainland China and the UK, he has advised Chinese banks and other financial institutions on numerous financing transactions. Harry is experienced in advising on a wide range of banking related matters (including but not limited to) cross-border lending, acquisition financing, pre-IPO financing, trade finance, offshore lending enhanced with Chinese security, sale and lease-back financing, margin finance, funded risk participation and asset restructuring.
He has advised banks in setting up branch operations in Hong Kong and has experience in preparing standard forms and agreements for these newly set up branches.
Harry is well versed with International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) documentation and has advised financial institutions in interest rate and currency swaps.
- Recent Transactions
- Advised an asset management company on its RMB1.5 billion yuan receivable asset disposal;
- Advised a number of commercial banks on their loan asset disposals;
- Advised a commercial bank on a number of sale and lease back financing in Mainland China;
- Advised a variety of Chinese banks on multi-million yuan/dollar term loans to Chinese energy and water treatment projects;
- Advised different financial companies and banks on multi-million dollar term loans to Chinese financial leasing companies;
- Advised a policy bank on a HK$4 billion term loan to a Chinese conglomerate corporation;
- Advised a commercial bank on a RMB2.2 billion yuan loan to a Chinese container port company;
- Advised an acquiror on a HK$3.3 billion secured financing loan for its acquisition of a Hong Kong listed company;
- Advised a policy bank on a US$3 billion revolving facility to a Chinese petroleum company;
- Advised a commercial bank on a RMB1 billion yuan to an investment company in Qianhai;
- Advised a commercial bank on structured term loans with funded participation to a number of natural resources companies in Kazakhstan;
- Advised a commercial bank on an US$100 million investment to a Chinese automobile manufacturer; and
- Advised a Chinese motorway company on a RMB1 billion yuan secured syndicated loan from Hong Kong.